Sports Premium Funding
At Swillington Primary School we are committed to the delivery of a high quality PE and sport curriculum and to the promotion of healthy and active lifestyles. We aim to develop skills and knowledge through participation in diverse and varied physical activity and sport, as well as improving fitness and developing social skills.
- A range of inter school sports competitions for all schools in the Trust including:
- Multi skills
- Tag rugby
- Football leagues
- Netball leagues
- Rounders leagues
- Sports hall athletics
- Girls Futsal
- Year 3 & 4 sports challenges
- Skipping festivals
- A total of 24 inter school sports competitions Trust Olympic day for over 600 students in years 4, 5 and 6.
- Transport to the event and cost of hiring the sports stadium, football pitches and sports halls.
Raising the Quality of Physical Education
- All staff in the Trust accessing Gymnastics, Dance, Athletics or reception PE half day workshops.
- Matalan Top Sports course.
- BUPA Start To Move course.
- Reception and Early years PE fundamentals course and specific PE equipment.
- Elevating athletics course
- PE subject leader training
- Gymnastics half day workshop
- Multi skills half day workshop
- Tag rugby half day workshop
- Joint observations of PE
- Twilight training session on high quality PE
- Example high quality lessons observed at high school
- Purchase of clear and easy to use scheme of work for the Trust
- Joint planning and team teaching
- Video examples of high quality PE
- Subject leader development meetings to put development plans in place
- PE and Maths investigations
- Primary membership of the Youth Sport Trust
Healthy Active Lifestyles
- Multi sports clubs set up across the trust using coaching company
(targeting less active pupils)
- Sports Leaders from high school running dance, cheerleading and netball clubs
- Play leader training for primary school pupils
- Tour De France Grand Depart projects focussing on health and activity
- Skipping workshops and skipping resources
The additional 50% of the funding has been used to provide one hour per week of professional sport coaching for every class.
It has also allowed us to fund an additional after school sport club for the
year. All year groups have accessed these clubs.
The impact of this has been:
- Improved teacher knowledge and confidence in delivering PE across all key stages.
- An increase in the number of pupils taking part in extra-curricular sport and physical activity.
- An increase in the numbers of schools and pupils taking part in interschool sport.
- An improvement in the quality of PE lessons within schools
- A higher profile and importance placed on PE within the school and the Trust.
- A clear identification of strengths and areas to further develop within PE.