Welcome back! We hope had a fantastic Christmas and New year. Parent reading will be continuing every Thursday 8.55-9.25
Our topic this half term is Natural Disasters.
Throughout this topic we will explore the different types of disasters and where they often occur. The children will explore different art techniques with an artist each Tuesday afternoon. We will then exhibit our final pieces of art next half term. If possible please send your child with an old shirt/t-shirt (preferably adult sized) to go over their uniform, as although most art products will wash out, we do not want to risk ruining their uniform.
In literacy the children will explore a variety of different diaries before they write their own entry in the life of a person who has survived a natural disaster. You can support your child by reading books relating to diaries and researching diary entries.
Year 3 will be covering:
- Multiplication and division of 3, 4 and 8
- Use their knowledge of multiplication and division to solve larger mathematical calculations, for example using their knowledge of 4 x 5 = 20 to answer 40 x 50 = 200
- Divide and multiple 2 digit numbers by 1 digit numbers.
- To use their knowledge of multiplication and division to scale calculations, for example 30 is 6 times bigger than 5 or 5 is 6 times smaller than 30
Year 3 will be focusing on Rocks. By the end of the unit they will be able to;
- Compare and group together different kinds of rocks based on their appearance and simple physical properties.
- Describe in simple terms how fossils are formed when things that have lived are trapped within rock.
- Recognise that soils are made from rocks and organic matter.
Art and Design / Technology
This half term we will recap sketching skills. This will include using different pencil scales, charcoal, pastels and chalks. We will learn about adding detail, shading, textures and form.
Kind Regards, Miss Robinson
Please remember to send your child with a healthy snack for break time.
Please remember our doors open at 8:55am so we can start our school day punctually at 9:00am.
As always, if you have any problems, concerns or questions please do not hesitate to see one of us before school at 8:55am or after school at 3.30pm.
P.E. Days: are Thursday and Friday.
Weather permitting; P.E lessons may take place outside. Please ensure your child has both their indoor and outdoor P.E kit in school including suitable footwear.
Please ensure all uniform and P.E kit is clearly labelled with your child’s name.
Library day: Thursday
Reading Books changes: Reading books will be need to be handed in Wednesday along with their homework books. Both will be returned on Thursday.
Please read with your child daily and ensure they have their book-bags in school every day.
Will be given out at the start of each half term. Children will need to return these every Wednesday to be marked and books will be returned on Friday.
Children will be given spellings to learn each week. There will be a spelling test each Monday and then new spellings will be given out. Please encourage your child to read the word, cover it up, write the word and then check it.