Welcome back after the Easter break. We hope you had a good Easter Holiday (without eating too much chocolate!) and are refreshed and ready for another busy half term. We have lots of exciting things planned connected to our topic, including working with an artist.
Just like last half term, the classroom door will be open at 8.55am and will close for school to begin at 9.00am. Please ensure your children arrive on time each day so they can have a speedy, focussed start to learning. Anyone arriving after 9am needs to come in through the office rather than the classroom door.
This term, we will be starting a new topic of “What’s up the Beanstalk?” This will feed through our Science, Geography, Art and Literacy.
This half term we will be looking at Traditional Tales, ‘Little Red Riding Hood’ and ‘Jack and the Beanstalk’, but we will be taking a twisted approach to looking at the stories.
We will then be writing instructions linked to science as we plant our own beanstalks.
Year 1 will also be looking at Spring Poems to link with their science work connected to the Seasons.
Year 1 will be learning about:
- Addition and subtraction to 20
- Place value to 50
- Multiplication and Division
- Weight and Capacity
Year 2 will learning about:
Year 1 will be:
- identify and name a variety of common wild and garden plants, including deciduous and evergreen trees
- identify and describe the basic structure of a variety of common flowering plants, including trees.
- learning about the different senses
Year 2 will be:
- learning animals, including humans, have offspring which grow into adults.
- Describing the importance for humans of exercise, eating the right amounts of different types of food, and hygiene.
- observe and describe how seeds and bulbs grow into mature plants
- find out and describe how plants need water, light and a suitable temperature to grow and stay healthy.
In Topic we will be completing a range of different activities related to our Plants topic including:
- Researching different plants, flowers and trees.
- Art related to plants. Reading books and records
Thank you for your continued support.
Year 1 – Miss R Holyoak, Mrs H Street & Mrs M Richardson
Year 2 – Miss C Gibson & Mrs J Wood
Year 1 Teacher
Parent sessions this year will take place on:
Wednesday 15th November
Thursday 15th March
Tuesday 26th June
Monday 16th April
Back to School
Monday 23rd April
Year 2 Multi Skills Competition at Brigshaw School
Monday 7th May
Bank Holiday Monday
Thursday 24th May
Break up for Half Term
Friday 25th May
Monday 4th June
Back to School
P.E. Days: Monday and Friday
Please ensure that your child has a named P.E. kit in school at all times.
Library day: Thursday
Reading Books changes: Thursday/Friday
Please read with your child daily and ensure they have their book-bags in school every day.
Please hand homework books in on a Thursday to be handed back out on a Friday.
In Year 1, spellings will be sent home in your child’s reading record on a spellings will be sent home and tested on a Friday.
All spellings can also be found on the class pages on the website.