New routines – This term we are starting to prepare children ready for year 1, beginning with a writing challenge every morning. Please can we ask that your child retrieves their writing pack and begins their challenge from the IWB on arrival. This allows a prompt start to the day and makes the most of their learning time.
In this term’s topic ‘Food’ the children will-
- Talk about their favourite foods.
- Learn about a healthy diet.
- Taste different types of vegetables, bread and exotic fruits. Discuss where in the world they come from through researching using the internet.
- Make fresh fruit kebabs, flapjack, bread, pizza and scones.
- Read recipes and menus.
- Write shopping lists, menus and instructions.
- Re-tell the story ‘The Enormous Turnip.
Number and shape work will include-
- Solving problems involving doubling and halving
- Estimating with numbers.
- Solving addition and subtraction problems.
- Grouping and sharing numbers in 2’s, 5’s and 10’s.
- Counting in 2’s, 5’s and 10
- Recognising, copying and devising repeating patterns.
- Making a graph about our favourite fruits.
- Using coins accurately in role play.
Our stories, songs and rhymes will include-
- The Enormous Turnip
- Oliver’s Vegetables
- The Little Red Hen
- Handa’s Surprise
- 10 fat sausages
- 5 little peas in a pea pod press
- 5 current buns
- 1 potato, 2 potato…
Parents can help by-
- Reading with your child.
- Counting, solving number problems and looking at numerals with your child.
- Completing home learning challenges.
- Letting staff know if your child has any allergies to foods.
Reminders – Due to the warmer weather please can we ask that all children come to school with a water bottle each day. In order to keep these clean and fresh these must be taken home daily. This term, show and tell will be focused on children’s achievements outside of school i.e. sports certificates etc. These can also be added to tapestry at home and we will continue to share tapestry weekly. Please can we refrain from bringing in other items such as toys in this term.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and support. Mrs Casey and Mrs Payne.
Foundation 2 Teacher
Games week (22/1/18)
Please join us at 3 one session to play board games.
Parent’s evening – 22/2/18
P.E. Days: Wednesday
Please ensure that your child has a named P.E. kit in school at all times.
Library day: Tuesday
Reading will be done with the children every day and books will be changed when ready to move onto next book – this could be any day of the week. For this reason, please make sure book bags are in school every day.
Homework: Collected Thursday, returned Friday