In ‘Growth’ children will-
- Observe and discuss the lifecycle of a butterfly.
- Make and taste ‘Hungry Caterpillar’ fruit salad and discuss healthy eating. Write a recipe and list of ingredients.
- Research and document the lifecycle of a butterfly.
- Observe ‘minibeasts’ using a magnifier.
- Plant seeds and nurture plants.
- Learn the names for parts of a plant and label them.
- Role play ‘Jack and the Beanstalk’.
- Grow their own beanstalk and keep a diary of growth.
- Learn about and take part in scientific investigations on what plants need to grow.
Number and shape work will include-
- Solving problems involving doubling and halving.
- Ordering, recognising and writing numerals 1-20 and beyond.
- Saying the number that is one more and 1 less than a given number.
- Measuring heights using a variety of methods – cubes, rulers, paper clips, the ‘Giants’ Hands’.
- We will continue to practise writing sentences, using capital letters, finger spaces and full stops.
- We will also be focusing on rhyme.
Our stories, songs and rhymes will include-
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
- The Bad Tempered Ladybird.
- Jack and the Beanstalk.
- Jasper’s Beanstalk.
Parents can help by-
- Reading with your child.
- Looking at nature in the local area.
- Encouraging healthy eating and exercise.
- Completing the homework challenges.
Foundation 2 Teacher
1st May 2017
26th May 2017
School closed for training.
P.E. Days: Wednesday
Please ensure that your child has a named P.E. kit in school at all times.
Library day: Tuesday
Reading will be done with the children every day and books will be changed when ready to move onto next book – this could be any day of the week. For this reason, please make sure book bags are in school every day.
Homework: Collected Thursday, returned Friday