Welcome back to school and Happy New Year! We would like to say a big thank you for all the lovely Christmas cards and gifts you sent us.
In this term’s topic ‘Toys’ the children will
- Talk about their favourite toys.
- Role-play in ‘The Toyshop’ and in ‘The Broken Toy Workshop’.
- Look at toys from the past and discuss similarities and differences.
- Listen to the story ‘Stickman’ and use their own imaginations to pretend
objects are part of their play.
- Make their own Stickman and see if he floats or sinks.
- Listen to ‘Goldilocks and The Three Bears’ and retell it in their own words.
- Learn how to operate the Bee Bots and remote control cars.
Number and shape work will include-
- Counting back from 20 to 0.
- Recalling one less within 10 or 20.
- Finding groups of objects which are one more/one less than a given number.
- Estimating how many and checking by counting.
- Recognising and ordering numerals.
- Understanding and using positional language.
- Begin to explore 3D shape.
- Exploring numbers in greater depth.
- Using language involved in addition and subtraction.
Our stories, songs and rhymes will include-
- Nursery Rhymes.
- All Kinds of Toys.
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears.
- A New Chair for Baby Bear.
- The Best Loved Bear.
- Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear.
- When Goldilocks went to the House of the Bears.
Parents can help by-
- Reading with your child.
- Talking about toys they played with when they were young.
- Completing the homework challenges.
- Adding things to Tapestry.
Foundation 2 Teacher
Games week (22/1/18)
Please join us at 3 one session to play board games.
Parent’s evening – 22/2/18
P.E. Days: Wednesday
Please ensure that your child has a named P.E. kit in school at all times.
Library day: Tuesday
Reading will be done with the children every day and books will be changed when ready to move onto next book – this could be any day of the week. For this reason, please make sure book bags are in school every day.
Homework: Collected Thursday, returned Friday