Welcome back to school. We hope you have all enjoyed the half term break.
In this terms topic ‘Special People’ the children will-
- Learn about some special people who help within the Community (Firefighters/police/paramedics).
- Learn to ask questions.
- Ask visitors questions about their job.
- Visit the local church.
- Listen to ‘The Christmas Story’ and recall it in Small World Play.
- Write letters to Santa.
- Role play in Santa’s workshop.
Sounds and listening skills-
We will promote children’s speaking and listening skills by playing various sound games.
Number and shape work will include-
- Number songs and rhymes.
- Introducing Tentown and learning the characters and numerals for 1, 2, and 3.
- Counting objects reliably.
- Comparing two groups of objects and saying which set has more/less/fewer.
- Counting out objects from a larger group.
- Beginning to use a variety of words to describe size.
- Making and ordering different length ladders.
Our stories, songs and rhymes will include-
- Nursery Rhymes
- Books about people who help us.
- Burglar Bill
- Topsy and Tim Meet the Police/ Meet the Firefighters
- The Christmas Story- Birth of Jesus.
- Traditional Christmas songs.
Parents can help by-
- Reading stories to your child.
- Encouraging your child to ask questions.
- Talking to your child about the people in the community who can help them.
Foundation 1 Teachers
Mrs M Morgan
Mrs G Hemsworth
Mrs H Street
Mrs J Wood
Mrs L Abbott
Please Note that F1 will not be joining in with school Christmas Productions or the Carol Service.
Fri 1st/Tues 7th November
Maths Parent Workshop
Thu 30th Nov/Tues 5th Dec
Christmas in Church
Tues 12th/Thurs 14th December
Christmas Parents’ Workshop
Wednesday 13th December ( 1 pm)
Foundation Stage Party (Closed A.M.)
W/B 22nd January -Mon & Tues/Thurs & Fri
Games Week (Parents invited to play games)
Weds 21st February
Tues 22nd/Thurs 24th May
Healthy Eating Café Day open