In ‘Growth’ children will-
- Observe and discuss the lifecycle of a butterfly.
- Make and taste ‘Hungry Caterpillar’ fruit salad and discuss healthy eating.
- Make symmetrical butterflies on the computer and with paint.
- Document the lifecycle of a butterfly using collage materials.
- Observe ‘mini-beasts’ using a magnifier.
- Plant seeds and nurture plants.
- Learn the names for parts of a plant.
- Role play ‘Jack and the Beanstalk’.
- Experiment to find out which type of bean will grow.
Number and shape work will include-
- Number songs and rhymes.
- Reciting the days of the week.
- Counting and ordering ‘Hungry Caterpillar’ fruit.
- Learning the numerals 7 and 8.
- Matching numerals up to 8 to the correct amount.
- Saying the number that is one more than a given number.
- Using mathematical terms such as longer/shorter, full/empty and taller/shorter.
- Measuring heights using the ‘Giants’ Hands’.
Sounds and listening skills-
- We will continue to listen to the initial sound in words and explore alliteration.
- We will introduce RWI Set 1 Speed Sounds n, g, o, c and k.
Our stories, songs and rhymes will include-
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
- The Bad Tempered Ladybird.
- Jack and the Beanstalk.
- Jasper’s Beanstalk.
- The Crunching Munching Caterpillar
Parents can help by-
- Sharing stories with your child.
- Looking and talking about nature in the local area.
- Discussing and encouraging healthy eating.
Foundation 1 Teachers
Mrs M Morgan
Mrs G Hemsworth
Mrs H Street
Mrs J Wood
Mrs L Abbott
1st May 2017
26th May 2017
School closed for training.