In ‘Homes’ children will-
- Talk about their own home and who lives in
it with them.
- Talk about the rooms in a house.
- Begin to think about safety in the home.
- Role play involving ‘The Three Little Pigs’ story.
- Take part in ‘Huff and Puff’ art and games.
- Make houses from reclaimed materials.
Number and shape work will include-
- Sharing number songs and rhymes.
- Counting objects accurately.
- Learning the 2D shapes square and rectangle.
- Making 2D shape houses.
- Learning the numerals 5 and 6, understanding their place in the number
system and looking at different ways to
make these numbers e.g. 3 and 2 equals 5.
Sounds and listening skills-
- We will continue to play rhyming games
- We will learn to recognise words when spoken in Fred talk. eg. c-a-t
- We will learn the RWInc letter sounds m,a,s,d,t
Parents can help by-
- Sharing a book with your child.
- Naming the rooms in your home.
- Complete a questionnaire with your child about your home.
- Playing the rhyming games we will send home and helping your child to
recognise rhyming pairs.
Our stories, songs and rhymes include-
- The Three Little Pigs
- The Three Horrid Pigs and the Friendly Wolf
- The Three Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig
- A Squash and a Squeeze
- How Many People Live in Your House?
Foundation 1 Teachers
Mrs M Morgan
Mrs G Hemsworth
Mrs H Street
Mrs J Wood
Mrs L Abbott
Diary dates –
- World Book Day Thursday 7th March (Dress as a word)
- Book Fair Friday 8th March
Special days –
- P.E. – Wednesdays
- Library – Monday/Friday
- Please can all children have spare clothes on their pegs in a drawstring bag.
- Please can all clothes be labelled with the child’s name.
- Please remember we like to go out in all weathers and to do so we need to wear appropriate clothing.
Library day: Monday and Friday