Welcome to all the new children who have joined F1. This newsletter tells parents/carers about some of the things the children will be learning about and experiencing throughout the half-term. ‘All about me’ is our main focus.
In ‘All about me’ children will-
- Play games using their names.
- Talk about their favourite things.
- Make a collage of their face.
- Share photographs of their families.
- Think about why we are special.
Number and shape work will include-
- Number songs and rhymes.
- How many people live in your house?
- Sorting and matching objects by colour.
- Beginning to count numbers in sequence.
Sounds and listening skills-
F1 will be beginning to listen to sounds in the environment and distinguishing between different environmental sounds.
Parents can help by-
- Providing children with a family photo to share with the class.
- Letting us know if your child has specific interests out of school.
- Talking to your child about their interests and about family members.
Our stories, songs and rhymes include-
- Traditional nursery rhymes
- Number rhymes.
- Action songs such as ‘If you’re happy and you know it’ and ‘Heads, shoulders, knees and toes’.
- Books about starting nursery.
- Stories in family settings.
Foundation 1 Teachers
Mrs M Morgan
Mrs G Hemsworth
Mrs H Street
Mrs J Wood
Mrs L Abbott
- Library on Monday/Friday
- Harvest in Church 9th Oct/11th Oct
- 26/10/18 Training Day
- Please can all children have spare clothes on their pegs in a drawstring bag.
- Please can all clothes be labelled with the child’s name.
- Please remember we like to go out in all weathers and to do so we need to wear appropriate clothing.
Library day: Monday and Friday